Assistance to Knysna and other storm stricken areas
Members of the North-West University’s (NWU’s) campus community in Vanderbijlpark are opening their hearts to assist victims of the devastating fires in the Southern Cape.
Staff members are rallying behind national relief efforts by donating non-perishable items, toiletries, blankets and water in support of the victims of the recent wildfires along the Garden Route.
This donation drive is done in collaboration with the DHL courier group.
According to Sunelia Rietkerk, a member of the Campus’s Financial Administration and a coordinator of the donation drive, the following needs have been identified as urgent:
- Bottled water
- Baby products
- Non-perishable food items
- Animal food (cats and dogs)
If you would like to take part in this project please take note of the arrangements:
- Staff members can take their donations to their respective secretaries
- The drivers, Elijah and Abia, will visit the offices on a daily basis to pick up the donations
- DHL will fetch the donations from Sunelia Rietkerk and Nipho Mhlongo (Building 24, Room G49), from where it will be taken to the disaster stricken areas
- There is no paper work, as well as no costs involved the courier service (DHL has taken the courier cost on themselves as part of a bigger national assistance project)
- For more information you can contact Sunelia on 016 910 3156 or Nipho on 016 910 3167.