NWU Students impress at the Symposium of Natural Sciences
For Students from the North West University’s Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences recently participated in the Student symposium for Natural Sciences 2018 Competition. They managed to win some great prizes. Students who are enrolled for the relevant fields of study may participate: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Metallurgy, Physics, Mathematics statistics, Operational Research and Biological Sciences
The annual Symposium for postgraduate students in the Natural Sciences field took place in Pretoria on the 25th and 26th of October 2018. It was organized by the Department of Chemical Sciences as well as South African Academy of Science and Arts.
The South African Academy for Arts and Science aims to promote science, technology and arts as well as the use and quality of the Afrikaans language.
Here is a list of the winners and the prizes they won:
- Anneke Schoeman- 1st Prize
- Florence Harnoster -3rd place & prize money
- Arina Fick- Spell checker Package
- Carina Verster- Spell Checker Package
- Madelein Van Straaten- Wolfram Mathematical program
- Isma Scheepers- Special prize from Sigma Plot
- Raymond Collett- Spell Checker Package
- Alma Naude- The Eureka prize for excellent contribution in Computer Science and Mathematical Sciences
“We wish to congratulate these students on their achievement, we are very proud and thank them for their hard work and dedication.” Said Prof Sanné ter Horst; Professor in Mathematics at the North West University.