- BTh (1992) University of Natal
- M.A ( 1992) University of Natal
- PhD (2000) University of the North
2. My academic areas of specialization and interests
African Studies, Education and Politics, Culture and Education, Sociology of Education, Education Policy.
3. Teaching experience (1996-2018)
- Research Professor: North-West University
- Period: September 2014 – to present
- Research Fellow – Centre for Africa Studies, University of the Free State
- Period: April –August 2014
- Senior Manager (Research): Centre for Advancement of Non-Racialism and
- Democracy. Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Period: 2010- 2013
- Associate Professor: University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Period: 2008-2009
- Senior Lecturer: Universities of Durban Westville & later KwaZulu-Natal
- Period: 2002-2007
- Visiting Research Fellow: Centre for African Studies, University of Cape Town
- Period: 2001
- Lecturer: University of the North
- Period: 1996-2000
- Has published 30 journal articles in international journals.
5. Chapters in books
- Has published 25 chapters in books.
6. Books and journals editorship
1. Guest Editor: Alternation: Journal of the Centre for the Study of Southern Africa
Literature, Vol13, No1, 2006. Special Journal edition on Higher Education, Higher
Education Mergers and Africanisation.
2. Editor: Walking on the Footsteps of our Ancestors: Essays in African Religion,
Culture and Society. The Incwadi Press, Cape Town, 2011. ISBN: 978098702512.
3. Editor: The Journey of hope: Essays in honour of Dr Stanley Mogoba. Former
Presiding Bishop of the Methodist Church and former President of the Pan-
Africanist Congress. ISBN: 978098702005, The Incwadi Press, Cape Town, 2011
4. Associate Editor: The International Journal of Diversity in Organizations,
Communities and Nations, 2011, Volume 11, Issue 4.
5. Series-Editor: Dr Mmutlanyane Mogoba African Perspectives Book Series (2016 -
( I-Block G-146 (Office)