NWU Vaal and VUT to collaborate on LED, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
In an effort to strengthen collaborative ties and to enhance the impact of Local Economic Development (LED), innovation, entrepreneurship and small womens ralph laure pony polo business development, the NWU Vaal has entered into a collaborative agreement with the Vaal University of Technology (VUT).
The collaboration is on equal basis and Dr Danie Meyer – LED expert and lecturer within the School of Economic Sciences on the Vaal Triangle Campus of the North-West University (NWU Vaal), will act as facilitator and coordinator of the process.
|Dr Danie Meyer||The teams from NWU Vaal and VUT|
According to Dr Meyer it was agreed that there is an “unreserved willingness” to collaborate as equal partners in the achievement of economic development, innovation, technology, entrepreneurship and small business development to the benefit of both institutions and the community –especially the youth.
During the primary meeting held to ralph lauren sale australia discuss the way forward in terms of the collaborative venture, it was furthermore agreed upon that a process plan should be formulated regarding the format of the envisioned engagement and the roll-out of joint projects. Several projects and initiatives have already been identified, and include:
- Innovation: The revival of the Southern Gauteng Regional Innovation Forum (SGRIF);
- Entrepreneurial: Specific focus on the youth segment of the region;
- Business and Technical Skills Development: Specific focus on the youth segment of the region;
- Skills Development for Small Business: Collaboration between NWU Vaal’s bHive Enterprise Development Centre (bHive EDC), VUT Centre, Sasol Incubator, Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA) and other local incubators in the region;
- Flagship Project: Sewer treatment to energy to business development to research to skills development. Two specific components come to the fore, namely outputs and new capacity;
- Collaborative Research that leads to journal articles. Topics include entrepreneurship, economic development, tourism, innovation and effectuation,
- Training to municipalities by means of Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) approved short courses;
- LED Policy Development to focus on cheap ralph lauren womens shirts sectorial development including tourism, manufacturing, agriculture, transport, housing, technology and innovation.
The next meeting will be held at the NWU Vaal. The members of the collaborative team are: Dr Danie Meyer (NWU Vaal), Mr Johann Landsberg (NWU Vaal bHive EDC), Mrs Natanya Meyer (NWU Vaal, bHive EDC), Mrs Clarise Mostert (NWU Vaal, bHive EDC), Dr Robert Martin (VUT), Dr Joe Molete (VUT), Dr Biki Pitso (VUT), Dr Malefane Lebusa (VUT), Mr Mark Johnson (VUT EDC) and Mr Jan Jooste (VUT).