NWU Mafikeng honours excellence in teaching and learning, research and community engagement
The Mafikeng Campus of the North-West University (NWU) recently acknowledged academic and support staff members for their steadfast hard work and positive contribution towards the campus during its annual Excellence Awards. The awards ceremony took place on 22 November at the Mmabatho Palms Hotel.
The core aim of the awards was to celebrate those who have excelled in teaching, learning, and research and community engagement and served as a platform which offers extended appreciation to its staff members for their unwavering hard work throughout the academic year 2015/2016.
The campus rector, Prof Mashudu Davhana Maselesele, applauded all staff members for their contributions. “As a campus we have continued to be a consistent contributor to research output at the North-West University and has grown immensely with the number of PhDs and postdoctoral graduates and produced 38 staff members with PhDs from 2014-2016. This produces testimony of the hard work of academics in various faculties."
Winners included among others:
- Most Productive Senior Researcher - Prof A Oyekale (Agriculture, Science and Technology)
- Most Productive Junior Researcher - Prof ND Moroke (Commerce and Administration)
- Most Productive Postdoctoral Fellow - DR Berman / DR Alawode (Human and Social Sciences)
- Awards for Teaching and Learning (ETEA, ITEA, DETEA) - Mr Emile Coetzee, (ETEA) , Ms Mariaan van Aswegen (ITEA) , Dr Liqwa Patience Siziba (DTEA), Prof A Maredza (ETEA), Ms AM Mooketsi, Prof Y Du Plessis (ITEA), Prof O Otafudu (ITEA) , Ms Estie Gresse, Charlene Lanser and Prof W Dudu (ITEA)
- Awards for Community engagement - Bullying project (Human and Social Sciences), High School Career Counselling (Commerce and Administration), Animal Health /Ambulatory services (Agriculture, Science and Technology), Community Law clinic (Law) and Ipeleng Cross Roads (Education)
The event also acknowledged academic and support staff for their innovation and excellence in all areas of the university´s core business.